Friday, September 4, 2015

1 Million Cups Pitch Presentation Review

Acre is a concept home of the future.  It is a home with the function and technology.  This start up home company is looking for people to invest in this home.  It has everything from solar power everything to an automatic lawn mowing system.  It is the future of the American home, which are less cost efficient and more affordable then homes of today about 70% less over 30 years.  Now onward to the strengths and weaknesses of the presentation and give tips on how he could better his presentation.

Strengths:
Did well in the Q & A of his presentation.  Did know the technical aspect of his company and what they want to do.  Just had a vary difficult time presenting it.

Weaknesses:
There were several weaknesses that it really makes it hard to find the presenters and presentation strengths.  So clearly I am starting with weaknesses first.  When the presenter walked in he was brief about himself I really don’t know if he was the CEO or just someone on the team to pitch the idea.  Second the presentation was changed the day of or before the presentation.  Which gives me the idea they are settle changes.  He brought pages of notes and was reading either from them or the slides and I felt like he didn’t know his topic at all.  Which gets me thinking that the changes to his presentation were big changes.  Next the Words on the slide were nice and big bold letters.  But then one other word was vertical smaller and white lying on the red letters.  Not hard to see but hard to read.  I almost didn’t think the white word were part of the message.  There were massive amounts of information on pictorial slides.  A lot of distractions but the presenter was standing in the middle of the screen so he was also the center at the presentation.


Tips on how to better this presentation.  Practice, practice, practice, if he had been on top of this pitch the change would have been fixed and altered long before the pitch.  He was supper nervous I don’t count that against him as I get the same way.  Another thing he could do is bringing note cards instead of sheets of paper.  The lettering and words on his presentation could have been a bit better and no vertical words hanging on other words.  His business concept is actually great.  It is the house of the future.  One thing I would improve on is the technology part.  He went over concepts they want to do but as a consumer we also like to see concepts in action or have pictures of the concepts so that we have an idea of what exactly is supposed to happen with an automatic lawn mowing system.  All pictures and drawing of what the house will look like but not meat and potatoes on the concepts that’s what I would want to see implemented into this pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment