Hey all, today I wanted to take a look at something a bit
different then covering music or soundtracks from some popular films. Today I want to talk about how music can help
improve memory loss. Also what movies
scores also help with creativity and boosting production? But first I am going to talk about how music
could possibly help you in many different ways to include memory loss.
You know when you are listening to the radio and then one of
your favorite songs comes on the radio and you can remember what you were doing
and who you were with when you first heard the song? Well that happens to all of us I would like
to think. If it doesn’t happen to you I
would consult a doctor. But according to Cheri Lucas from Education.com. “Music
has been found to stimulate parts of the brain, and studies have demonstrated
that music enhances the memory of Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, including
a study conducted at UC Irvine, which showed that scores on memory tests of
Alzheimer’s patients improved when they listened to classical music.” If you remember the Sundance film that came
out in 2014 then you know what that these studies are pretty true. Just goes to show that music is a very
important part of our lives even if we don’t think it does.
So you are thinking that is pretty cool right, but how can
music help us on other levels? Well
music has shown that it can help us ease pain, help us bike faster, run
farther, speed up recovery times, and improve sleep quality. Music is all things that make life great. Music helps us mentally by relieving stress;
it can elevate your mood and help relieve symptoms of depression. So before you say that song you have heard a
billion times on the radio has never helped you in any way just remember that
one song has helped someone else down the line.
I can honestly say that I am listening to music right now and it is
definitely calming and helping me type out this blog.
I did mention there are film scores that can help
productivity and creativeness and I wanted to do these ones last. I found these on a website so theses movies
selected are not in my opinion but at least give you an idea of what to look
for when looking for a movie score to help you with your creativity. The first movie is the “Social Network” the
song is called “In Motion” and is done by one of my all time favorite artists
Trent Reznor who also collaborated with Atticus Ross for this song. The second movie that I wanted to talk about
but I am not a huge fan of is “Tron: Legacy” The song is by Daft Punk and they
did “Tron: Legacy Theme”. There are many
others that I could talk about but I just wanted to touch base on just a
couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment