Godzilla’s original 1954 roar was created by composer Akira Ifukube;
He dragged a resin-coated leather glove along the loosened strings of a double
bass. Now I have to be thinking.
What in the world would make someone think of that? But in the long run of things as Godzilla’s
fame became world known. Anyone who has
seen or even heard of Godzilla at the time could tell you they could recognize
him just by his roar.
Now jumping to the year 1998. Many years after the first roar came
out. There are new variations of the
roar. But now in 1998 we are more
technologically advanced. I wasn't even in high school when this movie came around so at the time this was pretty neat stuff. But listening to his roars over repeatedly. I keep coming to the feeling that all his
roars come from a mixture of other animals and maybe a small hint of previous Godzilla
roars.
Moving forward to the latest Godzilla Movie released in
2014. Directed by Gareth Edwards. Ethan
Van der Ryn and Erik Aadahl were the new sound designers tasked with coming up
with a new Godzilla roar. It is quite
funny they didn’t clue in Gareth until after the movie was released to what had
gone into the making of the roar. After
searching many sites for the answers to this question. I keep coming up short. Until the other day, I watched the behind the
scenes for the movie Godzilla. Lets just
say they didn’t give you all the dirty details but a shoe and an instrument
were used. But the Godzilla roar is being
kept an industry secret for now. So I
leave you with the clip of the newest 2014 version of Godzilla’s roar. Tell me what you think makes up the roar.
No comments:
Post a Comment