If you are a big Apple fan such as myself hearing that Apple Music is on
the Android phones really doesn't affect us. For the hundreds of
thousands of people that dislike the Apple smartphone such as the iPhone 6s or
iPhone 6s plus but love Android phones this is a good day depending on who you
are. I remember not having the use of
iTunes on my Android back when I had one so to hear that they are releasing
Apple Music on the android I was pretty excited.
According to Jacob Kastrenakes “In order to compete in the crowded
streaming field — and take on early giants like Spotify — Apple needs
to be everywhere that people want to listen.”
Reading more into the article Apple Music on the Android looks exactly
how it does on the iPhone. Although
apple has made a few changes to the Android app so that it doesn’t look like a
misplaced iOS app.
Image Credit: Paul Sawers / VentureBeat
Apple realized early on, that if they want to succeed with music then
they needed to be across all platforms.
Look at iTunes for example, Apple was quick to jump in and have iTunes
work with Windows PC’s. So it would only
make since for them to work with Androids with the new Apple Music and when
they released the new app they announced that they would have an Android
version.
According to Stuart Dredge “The Android version of Apple Music also
provides people with access to their purchases from Apple’s iTunes download
store - a first for Android.” We are all
heading towards a brighter future when it comes to new technology coming out. Especially in the “Music Industry” new
technology makes things more efficient and reliable for us. For Apple some would say this is dumb and why
would Apple join up with its competitor?
If you read on through the links that I included in this blog those
answers will be answered. But if you
still don’t understand then it is merely the Apple corporation trying to make
themselves and their product much more recognizable within the music streaming
world.

Great Post JP! I really think that Apple is making the right moves in order to position the company in a place where apparently other digital platforms were pushing it away. Everybody knows that the music industry is incredibly competitive and therefore, even the giant companies need to stay on top of their game when it comes to competitiveness and keeping their users and customers updated with the latest trends in the industry. I think that Apple music is a great move from Apple, however I think there should be other developments that could help the company to raise the bar even higher because Spotify is certainly a tough competitor to push away from the market.
ReplyDeleteHey JP. Great Post. This is awesome news. I have been a long time Android user and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. I have been dealing with having my music in 3 or 4 different places at one time. GooglePlay, iTunes, and Spotify playlists. It is nice to know that I will be able to get that down to 1. Have you hear of them planning on doing any type of promotion for Android users to switch when it comes out?
ReplyDeleteAwesome Post. Is an amazing news that Apple Music is expanding to other platforms, this will help to get more paid subscribers and will boost sales in iTunes. Apple Music really needed to introduce the app to Android users to get a wider market and to get more revenues. I think Spotify will still control the market in Androids devices, but definitely Apple Music will win a lot of new customers with this big jump.
ReplyDelete